I’m flying today to LA! AHH I feel like screaming “Hey mama I’m going to Hollywoooddd”.
But first things first, what should I pack for California in January? The only thing I know is that it’s not summer there, yet it is still warm outside (nothing like Ohio right now). So, I’m thinking of a fall wardrobe with light jackets and coats.
If you’re travelling to California during winter for couple day maybe for the weekend, here’s a list of what you should pack. Let’s do this together!
This list can work with any place that has a warm weather during winter, where the average temperature is between 50 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit (10 to 15 Celsius).
- 1-2 long length coats: I’m taking a waterproof trench coat
- 1-2 cute jackets: maybe a jersey jacket and a leather biker jacket
- 3-4 pairs of pants: Like jeans or cargo pants which can be practical during the day, and tailored capri pants for the evenings
- 1-2 pairs of leggings: a comfy option you must consider
- 1-2 skirts or shorts: maybe a leather skirt or shorts?
- 4-7 tops: a mix of long and short sleeves, you can plan to wear summer top underneath long coats for instance.
- 2-3 dresses: if you plan to go out at night add something dressier in here
- 1-2 pairs of shoes: Perhaps a pair of sneakers and a pair of flats. Anything that will make you comfortable while walking the city.
- Belt bag, satchel or crossbody bag: I’m packing different types of bags. My lululemon waist bags are perfect for the airport or when exploring the city. You can also grab a tote that offers a lot of space. As for the evenings, go for handbags or satchels.
- 1 nice pair of boots: for day wear and nights out
- 1 pair of warm stockings: I’m taking a sheer black one to wear under my skirts or dresses.
- 1 hat: I love hats personally, you should try adding it to your outfits. Trust me, a game changer!
- 1 scarf: Choose one that would add a statement and one that goes with all your outfits.
- 1 beanie for colder days / nights
More items to consider:
- More accessories as jewelries, hair ties…
- 3-4 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of pajamas
- 5-7 pairs of underwear
- 3-4 bras
- 1 swimsuit if your hotel has a pool. Not sure about this one but doesn’t hurt to consider it
- 1 umbrella: In case your wandering and suddenly it starts raining. You must have a plan, right?